School Year Programs Overview
Edventure More brings hands-on science, art, and technology to students year-round through our School Year Programs. During a time of unprecedented education budget cuts, we partner with 28 school districts and over 400 teachers each year to support their hands-on science efforts. In addition we also lead after school science and technology programs in dozens of elementary and middle schools. All of our programs ignite children’s curiosity and creativity through hands-on activities led by our contagiously enthusiastic presenters.
Contact us at 415.282.MORE (6673) or firstname.lastname@example.org to book an In Class Program, After School Program or create a custom enrichment service for your school. We look forward to making this year one full of curiosity, kindness and confidence!
Edventure More In Class Programs (ICPs) are our flagship school year service. We lead these hands-on, 1-hour science presentations in over 300 classrooms each year.
Each 1-hour hands-on science presentation is:
- Designed in partnership with local museums
- Aligned with CA State Standards
- Led by an enthusiastic Edventure More guest scientist
- Packed with extension activities for teachers, kids & parents
- Created to elicit looks of awe & wonder so kids WANT to learn more
- Easy; we bring materials, do prep, lead the project & clean up
Total Time: 1 hour
- Introduction (10 Minutes) We introduce who we are, introduce classroom management techniques, gauge the class’s familiarity with concepts and build lots of curiosity! Then we lead a classroom discussion about the science or math topic covered by the day’s experiment. We encourage tons of question asking, critical thinking and imagination!
- Experiment (40 Minutes) We lead students through an experiment or activity, encouraging question-asking and discussion throughout the process. Each project varies in methodology and delivery. Some projects begin with a demonstration and have students work backwards to discover what happened and how. Some begin students forming hypotheses and then comparing the ultimate result with their predictions. Many of our younger grade presentations also include physical and tactile representations of the concepts to help students understand the principles. Regardless, looks of awe and wonder and excitement abound! Click the “2011-2012 ICE List by Grade” button for specific project descriptions by grade.
- Wrap Up (10 Minutes) Students review key points about the topic and are encouraged to come up with more real world applications of what they learned. Every student takes home a “Give me MORE!” sheet that summarizes the day’s activities and list resources where they can learn more about the topic. Teachers are also given extension activity handouts to reinforce vocabulary and concepts as well as online resources. Note: Teachers who return extension activities completed by their class receive a FREE Exploratorium Child Pass for each student (for family use only, not for use in school field trips).
Edventure More After School Programs (ASPs) are led by enthusiastic instructors and feature activities designed by Edventure More in partnership with the Bay Area’s top museums: the California Academy of Sciences, Museum of Children’s Art and Children’s Creativity Museum. Our unique 5-week or 10-week programs are being offered to a select number of elementary and middle schools. We make everything simple and easy, and for our Science Programs, we bring the materials, do prep, lead the project and clean up. For our Technology Programs, we bring the SLR cameras, video cameras, microphones, tripods & software!
Each unique hands-on science or technology program is:
- Offered for 5-weeks or 10-weeks
- Led by an enthusiastic presenter
- Designed in partnership with Bay Area museums
- Prepared to correlate with CA State Standards
- Designed to inspire curiosity, confidence & kindness
- Created with 21st century life skills in mind
There are a wide variety of school activities that Edventure More can participate in. Invite us to your:
- PTA or Foundation Sponsored Events or Fundraiser. We can come to a Science Fair, School Carnival, Earth Day, or Community Festival. Experienced guest presenters will lead hands-on science, fine arts and animation booths, with all proceeds going to the school or PTA. Our booths are sure to be a hit with kids and a win for your school.
- Auction Event. We donate FREE and discounted Camp Edmo & Camp EdTech weeks to school auctions. We will come present our donation at a PTA meeting and include camp discounts for all those attending.
- Education Panel. We will leave your colleagues curious, engaged and connected. Our Summer Enrichment Workshop guides parents in the camp selection process and talks about the role of enrichment programs in preventing Summer Learning Loss. It also includes individualized tools to help parents plan for a powerful summer.
- Scout Badges. Let Edventure More bring a fun-filled, hands-on science activity to your scout meeting to spark your scouts’ science wonder.
Featuring fun, hands-on activities designed by the Bay Area's best organizations: